Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

The quiet enclave of the Islamic Museum KL






Do yourself a favour next weekend. Instead of braving the crowds in shopping malls and struggling to find parking spots in those air-conditioned commercial concrete boxes, take yourself and your family & friends on a serene encounter with the elegant Islamic Museum of our dear city.
Situated in close to Lake Gardens, National Mosque, Bird Park and Police Museum; the building is tucked away from the busy traffic of KL but incredibly convenient to get to.
After admiring its beauty during my first visit, which was to view Steve McCurry’s exhibition not long ago, I knew I had to come back again to explore the entire place.
Filled with detailed replica mosques from around the world and many other artifacts, my mother and I were blown away by the sheer beauty of the architecture of the museum itself, and then some by its contents.

www.iamm.org.my
Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia
Jalan Lembah Perdana
50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +603 2274 2020
Fax: +603 2274 0529
E-mail : info@iamm.org.my

-Suzanna

No comments:

Post a Comment