Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Steve Perry, The Living Legend


Lately I’ve been soaking myself in the resonating-incredible-soulful voice of the former lead singer of American band Journey, Steve Perry.
There is nothing like music from around the 80s, I tell ya! With the amount of crude language,bump ‘n’ grind, and sugar pop songs bursting on the air these days its no wonder that a 30 year old is resorting to creations that were moulded before she was born to receive some decent entertainment.
Steve is one of those beings in life that convinces any skeptics that there is a God. When we see something so beautiful, or witness a certain miracle, or in this case hear something so remarkable as his powerful voice in one of his many songs, we know that it’s a gift from God. I know this sounds corny and I hate corny but in this case its so true and I had to say that!
If you were to be interested enough to google Steve and Journey, you’ll find out the rift he has with the other band mates, and how they couldn’t wait for him to decide if he were to undergo much needed hip surgery before touring with the band again, and how recruiting a new lead singer for Journey may have been a grave mistake for the band was never quite the same after that.
You know what I think? I think yes there were a lot of ugly misunderstandings between the bandmates. It seems that its all I hear about them. The Steve Perry vs Neal Schon scenario.
However, when I see them performing together, I see them on the same level, both in their elements in the one strong thing that makes them so similar to one another and that is their enthusiasm for music, their passion for performing, and their love for rock ‘n’ roll. And whatever their relationship has become now it doesn’t mean that they failed. Together they created some of the best music that will live forever. Their time had simply ended so they would experience other things in life, but Steve Perry’s voice will always stay with us once we’ve heard it.
I wish I could tell all about Steve Perry and his beautiful soul, but his music speaks for itself and spreads on its own wings even years after he has sung to a live audience.


"Someday love will find you
Break those chains that bind you
One night will remind you
How we touched
And went our separate ways

If he ever hurts you
True love won't desert you
You know i still love you
Though we touched
And went our separate ways"

**Separate Ways, Journey**

- Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment